SJF's Material Handling Blog
Thovson and family shown here sporting SJF colors were out in force this past month supporting High Tides Swim Club and the USA Swimming Foundation. The purpose of the event was to raise some donations via the Swim-a-thon challenge.
Eric’s daughter Bella completed an impressive 240 laps in 1 hour and 53 minutes for a total of 6,000 meters (almost 4 miles). Pretty awesome Bella! Eric swam a total of 1,800 meters adding to the total. Eric & Bella’s effort helped rack up some additional donation dollars for the event.
The event saw over 56 athletes ranging in age from 7 to 48 years old participate in this event in support of our non-profit organization dedicated to providing developmental and competitive swimming opportunities to children in the greater Hutchinson area. USA Swimming clubs have over 12,000 registered athletes aged 18 and under in Minnesota and it is the single largest organized activity for kids in the United States.
This event raised over $10,000 thanks to the support and generosity of it’s sponsors. 95% of the money raised stays with our local club to help fund our scholarship program for swimmers with financial hardships. The other 5% goes to the USA Swimming Foundation to support national initiatives.
Eric’s involvement in swimming had been as a Dad and President of the Board of Directors until recently. Eric is now back in the water as an official member of United States Masters Swimming. For now it is fitness driven, but at some point Erick claims he may get up the courage to race in a Master’s meet. Maybe about 30-40 pounds from now. One thing is for sure, the Sales team at SJF will surely taunt him relentlessly in his quest.
Keep and eye open in the months ahead for further updates. Till then, keep your head above water Eric and keep strok’en.
In this short video tutorial, Eric Moen gives a quick tour of the uprights available in the rack warehouse while reviewing the many sizes & capacities currently available for fast 48-hour shipping via SJF’s “Quik-Ship” program.
Pallet Rack Uprights
The SJF automation team continues to spearhead going projects for growing businesses here in Minnesota. Final testing and work was completed on this pre-owned powered spiral conveyor this past week. An impressive piece of equipment, this spiral is just one of the many components associated with several ongoing automation projects that Frank Sterner’s team of Matt Johnson, Dave Kiefer, Brian Springer currently have in the works.
According to project manager Frank Sterner, the powered spiral shown below is just one of several automation components scheduled to be installed for a growing order fulfillment operation SJF is working with right here in Minnesota. For additional information about design, engineering & project management services and how they may work for you go to Genesys Material Handling at www.genesysmaterialhandling.com.
In this short video tutorial, Eric Moen covers some of the many sizes and capacities of pallet rack uprights available via SJF’s 48-hour quick-ship program.
Tutorial Guide to Pallet Rack Quik Ship – Pallet Rack Beams – Sizes & Capacities
In this short video tutorial, Eric Moen gives a quick tour while reviewing the many sizes & capacities of beams available for quick 48-hour ship via SJF’s “Quik-Ship” program.
4 ea. Remstar vertical carousels coming down in Minneapolis, MN April 2015 and will be offered for sale online at Used Vertical Carousels
All brand name 20+ ft. vertical carousel have been hard to come by of late.
These 4 units are exceptional machines in great condition and in great demand.
Unit Specs- 21’2” Tall x 118.5” Wide x 65” Deep x 36 Bins each unit
Vance Haugen’s dream of being featured on the cover to Modern Materials Handling finally came true last month. Well sort-a!
Vance stopped by their booth during ProMat this year and the gang there did this mock up conveyor for him to take home and put in his office. While it’s not exactly the April issue, everyone here thinks you look great on the cover Vance.