SJF Career & Employment Opportunities
SJF Is Currently Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
Why Choose a Career at SJF Material Handling?
SJF Material Handling Inc. has been recognized by Minnesota Business Magazine as one of the state's "100 Best Companies To Work For" on four different occasions. We're always looking for talented individuals to join our team of professionals.
Our benefit package is second to none and includes:
- Two weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) accumulating from your first day working at SJF. There is no waiting period! Your PTO begins accumulating the day you start working at SJF
- Excellent health and dental care packages
- Flexible spending account
- Nine paid holidays every year
- Excellent Life Insurance program
- Disability Insurance program
- Excellent 401(k) package with company match
- Free professional advice from SJF's own investment agent included as part of the SJF Benefit Package. Every employee participating in the 401(k) program is able to work with our advisor for FREE for their own personal finances and goals
And then there's the fun stuff:
- Free meals provided by the company in appreciation of our employees several times throughout the year – Barbeques, holiday meals, annual fish fry, etc.
- Free turkey or ham before Thanksgiving
- Drawings throughout the year for Viking's tickets, SJF apparel, etc.
- Fun employee contests, such as our Halloween costume contest
- Very family and pet friendly environment
- Annual Holiday party with cash bonuses, based on years of service
How to Apply for Employment at SJF:
SJF Material Handling Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
211 Baker Ave W
Winsted, MN 55395
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Web Development Assistant
We have an opening for a Full-Time Web Development Assistant working in our Winsted, MN office. Hours are approximately 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday with no weekends. The ideal candidate will be reliable, creative, tech-savvy, team-oriented, and can interact with humans as well as computers in a professional office environment. This person will report to the Marketing/Web Development Manager.
If you have experience in the digital world of web development, digital marketing, email marketing, and e-commerce, this position may just be for you. This new position will focus on the growth and continued strength of our current online presence.
- Help maintain established websites
- Support and assist in current online project work
- Proof and update webpages as needed with new content
- Email marketing
- Assist with daily administrative duties and data entry
- Update blog and other web sources with new content
- Ebay, Craigslist, and Amazon account updates
- Other duties related to the position as needed
Required skills include:
- Strong HTML/CSS/Web Dev skills
- Strong advanced computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Graphic design skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- Ability to multitask on different projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
Added bonus for:
- WordPress and Big Commerce/Stencil development and maintenance experience
- Apache programming skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and formulas
- HTML/CSS, Web Dev, and/or Programming – 3 years
- Microsoft Excel - 2 years/Intermediate level
- Social media marketing - 1 year
- Adobe Creative Suite - 1 year
- Data entry - 1 year
For additional information regarding this position, please contact:
To apply online, please fill out our online application form or email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inside Material Handling Sales Associate
Discover Unlimited Earning Potential as an Inside Material Handling Sales Associate
SJF Material Handling Inc. is looking to hire full time experienced sales professionals to join the company's existing inside sales team.
This is an inside sales position, working out of SJF's headquarters in Winsted, MN. Applicants must be willing to work Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm in our office. Compensation is 100% commission based, offering unlimited earning income potential for highly motivated sales professionals.
- Aggressive commission based compensation, with no cap and unlimited earnings potential from day one
- CRM, accounting, product and freight pricing software training
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flex spending plan
- Vacation and Personal Time off accrual
- Service new and existing accounts, quote equipment, document and process orders for fulfilment
- Service both new and existing accounts by providing product and pricing support
- Provide same-day follow-up on all company provided leads and client requests
- Provide pricing and product information to new and existing customers who call by phone
- Provide all written documentation needed for order pricing, picking and processing to the fulfilment department for processing daily
- Provide freight quotes on quotes/pricing including all follow up and support with freight issues including any and all freight claim services
- Provide freight status, delivery times and pricing support on equipment
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to resolve issues should they arise
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous sales experience
- HS diploma or GED
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills - Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (such as Excel and Outlook) and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Computer skills requirements include working with Excel spreadsheets, contact management and quoting software, daily data entry and email communications with clients and vendors
- Excellent phone skills
- Proven closer
- Material handling product knowledge, including but not limited to:
- Pallet/warehouse storage racks
- Gravity/powered conveyors & conveyor systems
- Warehouse shelving
- Carton & case flow
- Automated storage & retrieval systems (AS/RS)
- Vertical and horizontal carousels & carousel controls
- Packaging & banding equipment
- Dock lifts, levelers, shelters
Other Beneficial and Useful Skills
- Experience with EPICOR software
- A basic understanding of shipping and accounting practices
- Project management experience
- Ability to listen and quickly resolve issues
- Experience with debt collection and calling on past due accounts
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be comfortable cold calling prospects and overcoming objections
- Must be willing and able to network with vendors, manufacturers and other dealers/distributors
For additional information regarding this position, please contact:
Phone: (320) 485-4950
Fax: (320) 485-2832
Email: esa email@example.com m
To apply online, please fill out our online application form or email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.