Dock Seals & Shelters GuideCLICK TO CHAT GET A QUOTE
Which Do You Need? What's the Difference?
Dock seals provide an effective seal between the truck trailer and building wall and are the best choice when a tight seal is needed. Dock shelters are used on larger door openings. Shelters are also best for loading docks serving a variety of trailer sizes. They allow full access to trailer openings and, in many situations, will out-last dock seals. Either way, a dock seal or shelter can help you save money on energy costs.
Benefits of Dock Seals & Shelters
- Save money on energy costs
- Seals in warehouse heating and cooling - Energy saving pay back time can be less than a year
- Reduce employee injury and absenteeism - Seal out wind, rain, ice and dust that cause employee illness and accidents
- Reduce pilferage - Close the gap between truck and door, thereby eliminating easy access for theft
- Prolong life of dock equipment - Seal out moisture, dust and elements that reduce equipment life